Dienstag, 24. Januar 2023

It's Too Late To Stop Now


It is 50 years ago when Van Morrison released his first live album and I bought this double long player. This album accompanied me during decades and I still come back to it from time to time. Always a pleasure to listen to the man when he was at the peak of his musical career. He played with the Caledonia Soul orchestra and many of his songs, even if it was by his former band Them, were played like nothing before or after. On this record he showed all what he was famous for: Being a soul troubadour,  living the blues and showing what his soulful voice is able to do. A real milestone in live recordings for me.





1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Best live album ever. I don't know if you have Volumes 2-4, previously unreleased recordings from the same tour which came out in the mid 2010s but they are almost as good.