Dienstag, 31. Mai 2022

How Times Fly

 


How fast our time is I recognized when a few days ago I heard about the release of a special edition of Django Django's self titled debut from 2012. I liked their album because of it's manifold quotations of pop history. Without problems, Django Django switches between influences from surf pop, art rock and even more exotic forms of pop music. This album was one of those a lot of people around me could agree with. 

Django Django - Default

Django Django - Hail Bop

Now they whole album was remixed by Mad Professor, adding his distinctive ambient electronic stylings and a melee of rhythmic drum beats to their sound. 

Adding his distinctive ambient electronic stylings, Mad Professor weaves a melee of rhythmic drum beats and mellow and magnetic instrumentals into the record’s fabric. 

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

10 years? That's terrifying. I still think of them as being a new young band! I like the sound of the Mad Professor remix.

JC hat gesagt…

Like you say, how time really flies. I saw them on tour, in a small venue in Glasgow, at the time of the debut album and really enjoyed the show. I watched out for them afterwards, but was disappointed by the follow-up and lost interest. Must give the debut a listen again soon.