Montag, 14. Dezember 2020

Monday's Long Song

 


In the early 1970's the international music scene was dominated by guitar slinging fossils and art-rock bands (if they wasn't named as glam). Many of them sounded identical to the same blues-rock pattern and you could be lucky to find a band that was different. One of those were Wishbone Ash, a British band whose originality consisted of going away from the worn out blues-rock schemes moving into an extensive use of harmony lead twin guitars. Of course they weren't the first one doing this kind but probably the best ones at these days. It is music I don't play often at my place but sometimes I just want to revel in nostalgia and remember the times of my first live concerts before punk broke and a lot of new and fantastic music came to my ears. This one is from their 1973 album Live Dates and shows exactly what they are famous for.

Wishbone Ash - The Pilgrim

Keine Kommentare: