Sonntag, 26. April 2020

Truth

Jeff Beck - Truth | Veröffentlichungen, Rezensionen, Mitwirkende ...

One of the positive things in the days of lockdown and social distancing is that I have time enough to do things you pushed along. So I started arranging my records a few days ago and I found one of my oldest purchases ever. It was a double-album by Jeff Beck and it contains his first two records. Jeff Beck is a magnificent guitar player and got his first recognition when he joined The Yardbirds and replaced Eric Clapton. In 1968 after leaving the Yardbirds he formed his own band and released his masterpiece Truth with young Rod Stewart on vocals and Ronnie Wood on bass. I am not a huge fan of blues music but in thi combination I still can get lost in. The most difference to other blues guitarist is that Jeff Beck didn't need to put his technical abilities in front of the songs. As ever is a reduced playing better to the the sound of the whole song. The way he played his guitar prepared the ground for many hard-rock bands that were formed years later. And the combination Jeffrey Rod is still superb. A real forgotten classic record and worth to be featured here.

Jeff Beck - Shapes Of Things
Jeff Beck - Morning Dew
Jeff Beck - Beck's Bolero
Jeff Beck - Ol' Man River

Keine Kommentare: