Montag, 10. Dezember 2018

This Year's Records 8/18 - Monday's Long Songs

Bildergebnis für jon hopkins singularity

Today I start my annual journey to Sri Lanka and will recreate my batteries and will be back in the middle of January next year. Planning my list of records from this year there is one that fits perfect to the the Monday series. Jon Hopkins released Singularity in the first half of the year and it one of the finest techno-ambient albums of the year. The heart of the album are two songs over 10 minutes. While Everything Connected  is the typical straight techno monster we expected Luminous Beings starts contrary and blurred to move into techno spheres. That this sound works great live as well I could see this year in Mannheim.

Jon Hopkins - Everything Connected
Jon Hopkins - Luminous Beings

5 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Enjoy Sri Lanka Walter

The Swede hat gesagt…

Have a fantastic Christmas break Walter.

Dirk hat gesagt…

Enjoy your trip, Walter, and have fun!

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you all

drew hat gesagt…

Enjoy your trip.

Love this album, although my vinyl is a bit noisy