Samstag, 8. Dezember 2018

This Year's Record 5+6/18

Bildergebnis für la luz floating features

Today comes with a double feature of bands that have one in common: they are hardly inspired by 60's surf and guitar sound.

In May this year La Luz, a California based band released their latest album Floating Features. And this record assured with superb surf guitar, accentuated synth moments and excursions into psychedelic space. All in all an atmospheric album that keeps the spirit of surf-noir alive.

La Luz - My Golden One

Bildergebnis für say sue me where we were together

It is not only surf music that Say Sue Me play on their second album Where We Were Together it is probably the best indie-pop album this year and not by a band from London, Glasgow or NYC. I really enjoy their picked guitar sound that drifts into noise sometimes and the nasal singing of frontwoman Sumi Choi that sound perfect to their sound

Say Sue Me - But I Like You 
Say Sue Me - I Just Wanna Dance

3 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

That La Luz album is great, didn't make my top ten tho'

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Thumbs up for Say Sue Me. My daughter's impressed that I finally approve of a Korean record!

Brian hat gesagt…

I have stuck with La Luz from the beginning... even if they did flee Seattle for the plastic confines of LA.