Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2018

Does Anyone Remember Oi-Punk?

Bildergebnis für cock sparrer

A few days ago I got the news that the albums by Cock Sparrer was released in a box-set of their albums released almost 40 years ago. As I read the news I got a flashback into the late 70's/early 80's when this band released songs that was on heavy rotation in my house and I played their songs while I was DJ-ing long time ago. All right - some of them will categorize them in a fascist way because there songs were hymns to skinheads and football hooligans. But for me they were nothing more or less perfect combinations of punk, pub rock and hooligan attitude. Formed in the mid 70's they had the chance to support the early Sex Pistols but Malcolm McLaren wasn't willing to spent them a couple of beers they declined to support them. Probably their biggest mistake ever. After decades it is still fun listening to urban hymns by West Ham United supporters. Bands like Boomtown Rats and The Undertones learned from them.

Cock Sparrer - Take 'Em All
Cock Sparrer - We Love You
Cock Sparrer - Runnin' Riot
Cock Sparrer - Riot Squad

Keine Kommentare: