Montag, 30. Juli 2018

Bonus Post: Tecumseh Valley

Bildergebnis für vintage american coal miner

Cruising through my records I got back once again to one of the greatest singer-songwriter of all time. Townes Van Zandt probably made the most intimate songs ever. Telling stories about the lost and forgotten ones and made them a memorial. This song was so sad that it touched my heart whenever I listen to it and I have to hide my tears behind this story. What more can I say about a great song? Certainly nothing than a big respect to Towns. And I still love the pure and uncut version.


2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Nanci Griffiths does a version but it is not as good as Townes

Walter hat gesagt…

You're right Stevie but I love Nanci's voice much. And seldom you can destroy a great song.