Sonntag, 9. Juni 2024

New Song On Sunday

 


Yesterday our city celebrated the 25th anniversary of a music night. It all started when a local musician brought back an idea from France. Several musicians and bands were to play in various pubs on one evening and the proceeds were to be donated to social projects. What began as a very good idea developed over the last few decades into a commercial collection of local cover bands that were more and mostly less good. Only the inclusion of DJs brought a fresh sound and was a far cry from the oldies that were too often replayed. After several years I bought myself a ticket and has to say that nothing had changed. And to be honest I only went there to meet some friends I didn't see for a long time and that was joy. 

Today's song is a remix originally released a few years ago on a sampler by Higher Love Records by Residentes Balearicos, a two piece electronic project by two Italians living in Ibiza. Don't ask me who Puerto Montt City Orchestra is, I couldn't find details and presume, that they are some label-mates. Anyway it is a song that leads into the upcoming summer with it's superb Balearic vibes.

Keine Kommentare: