Montag, 11. September 2023

Monday's Long Song

 


Since ages I love the music Van Morrison gave us and I thought he can never do anything wrong. Of course, he never made a dull album since ages but my concern to his new music stopped somewhere in the late 80's. When I talk with friends about him and his music many turned of when he released Common One in 1980. Of course he moved away from his basics and turned more and more into a brass based version of soul. Friends told me that he drifted into money and commerce and left his soul behind. I can't agree to them because Common One and Scandinavia were true highlights in his career. Summertime In England has much more soul than most of the musicians in these days. These were good records to bypass the time until Dexy's will appear.

Van Morrison - Summertime In England 

1 Kommentar:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

You can always find something of interest on a Van album.