Mittwoch, 31. März 2021

Quiet Is The New Loud

 


20 years ago when bands like The White Stripes with their reduced to basics sound were popular two guys from Norway brought us a different kind of music. Also reduced to simple acoustic guitars Erlend Øye and Eirik Bøe made the sound of that summer for me. I remember that I really liked their acoustic excursions into their kind of songwriting and I have to admit that it took me a long time to get back to Kings Of Convenience. After all these years the songs have still a relaxed mood and fits perfect to watch the sundown somewhere in summer. 

Kings of Convenience - Failure

Kings of Convenience - Toxic Girl

Øye later left the singer/songwriter island and moved toward the clubs and dancefloor with his German/Norway electronic dance music project The Whitest Boy Alive. A few years later Øye released a remix-album from Quiet Is The New Loud and some remixes like this one by Four Tet are also worth to give them a listen.

Kings of Convenience - The Weight of my Words (Four Tet Remix)

Keine Kommentare: