Mittwoch, 17. März 2021

Visions Of You

 


30 years ago now Jah Wobble released Rising Above Bedlam, an album where he combined influences of world music with his experiences of post-punk and the collaboration with Holger Czukay. On this album he made a great step forward away from his former roots but still with a deep tempered bass and melody figures I seldom heard before. He also collaborated on this album with Brian Eno and for some songs with Sinéad O'Conner, a voice I always liked to listen to. Visions Of You was probably his biggest chart success but I almost forgot how great this song and his bass lines were. One of my finest founds in my collection during the last days.

Jah Wobble and the Invaders of the Heart - Visions Of You

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

A great single from a great album

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Weird - I only thought of this song just a few days ago. A Sinead O'Connor track popped up on a playlist I was listening to, and I remembered seeing her at Glastonbury in 1992 as a special guest Of Jah Wobble. They performed this track and Sinead was holding her very young son in her arms as apparently he wouldn't let go of her when she went on stage!