Donnerstag, 5. März 2020

Welsh Artists

Bildergebnis für scritti politti

It was a few days ago when I met an old friend after a longer time for an evening of talking stupid things and having a great time spending an evening together for a couple of beers. Later this evening we starting talking about bands from England and remembered bands and artists from Wales. I took this chance to think about them once again and I have to admit that there are a lot of artists that should be remembered. One of the first ones that came to my mind was Green Garthside aka Scritti Politti who got famous when he released his debut Songs To Remember in the late 1982. In these days  of post-punk and new wave it wasn't usual to release an album that was a crossover of all. Influenced of the DIY-scene and Karl Marx he began to create his very own sound inspired by funk, soul and disco. I didn't listen to this record for a long time and I have to admit that the songs still works and didn't lost any of their attraction.

Scritti Politti - The Sweetest Girl
Scritti Politti - Jacques Derrrida
Scritti Politti - Asylums In Jerusalem

Keine Kommentare: