Dienstag, 3. März 2020

Purchased (Not Only) By The Cover

Bildergebnis für talking heads fear of music

Talking Heads released their third album back in 1979 and it became very famous critical acclaims. And it was very right. When they released their first album the cover was just red and written Talking Heads 77. Nothing more or less. They developed their sound from only nu-punk to disco and world music. The sleeve is completely black and embossed with a pattern that resembles the appearance and texture of diamond plate metal flooring. Just the simple print of the cover impressed me very much and lead me to want want to buy this record. What I heard on this album made me wonder why other artists were able to combine new wave with traditional music. A record that combined old and new music like never before.

Talking Heads -  I Zimbra
Talking Heads -  Life During Wartime
Talking Heads -  Heaven

1 Kommentar:

Echorich hat gesagt…

Talking Heads, alone, are responsible for 4 of the albums I consider essential to my music library. On any given day I may change my mind on which is my favorite, but I bet that more than 1 out of 4 inquires will find me choosing Fear Of Music.