Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2019

Das Funk

Bildergebnis für georgia anne muldrow

Another obscure artist/record came to my ears the recent days. Georgia Anne Muldrow released her latest album VWETO II a few days ago. She released more than 15 records during the last decade and I ask myself why I didn't noticed her since yet. The net tells me that she is well known for her voice but I can't agree because this album is filled with instrumentals. VWETO is a synonym for gravity and this describes her sound very well. It is a conglomerate of soulful synthie sound with a deep bass, 70's funk, jazz and a bit of George Clinton. Seldom heard a record like this that was relaxed like this.


If you are want to hear her voice you can choose this:


1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Very nice Walter. I particularly enjoyed Das Funk and just checked out the rest of the album on Bandcamp. Good stuff.