Sonntag, 15. Januar 2017

Say Something Loving

Bildergebnis für the xx

The first week in business this year is over and it is like I left it in mid December. Nothing really changed but if I'm honest I didn't expected it. I am still not through reading all the posts you've done during the last weeks and listen to the music you offered there. Often because you type a lot more than me (thank you for it JC, SWC and Badger - always a pleasure to read your thoughts). So it will take time until my blog will run the usual way with (new) series, etc. Until then I will post the best of new music that came up to me from the in-box and other media. It is Sunday morning and I think the new single by The XX is perfect for it. With this one they come very close to a perfect pop song. All the ingredients of their sound are still present and the dark an melancholic voices of Romy Madley Croft and Oliver Sim floating over a steady beat.


This piano version shows us how fast covers could be made these days.



2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Take your time Walter. The new music you post might help me with my resolution to try and keep up with what is happening out there instead of listening only to old stuff.

drew hat gesagt…

The whole new xx album is extremely good Walter an essential purchase for me and very well presented in a lovely shiny silver box.