Freitag, 20. September 2024

Empyrean

 


In Germany, you can buy a monthly rail ticket for 49 euros, which allows you to use regional trains without limit during this period. As I can also travel to Salzburg, Austria, with this ticket, I decided at the beginning of this week to spend what might be the last sunny days there. The fact that it is tedious and slow to get to my destination this way with several changes is one side of the coin, the other makes it possible to travel in comfort.

Salzburg lies at the foot of the Eastern Alps and impresses with its historic city center and buildings from the Middle Ages and the Baroque period, as well as the Hohensalzburg Fortress.

After a day of sightseeing, I treated myself to a beer in a pub in a neighbourhood that is mainly frequented by students. To my surprise, I realized that the music selection was pretty much the latest music from local and international bands. 

This is where I listened for the first time to the new song by GLOK. It is from the upcoming album showing the collaboration with Andy Bell and Timothy Clerkin a London based DJ. It is a seven minute downtempo song built on drone guitars and sprinkled synth melodies. 



Keine Kommentare: