Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2021

Woods


 It was in 1977 when Michael Rother released his first album Flammende Herzen a masterpiece in late krautrock inspired guitar masterpiece. It is an all time favorite of mine since I heard it the first time and it was the first idea that came to my mind when I listened to Hans Hjelm's first solo album Factory Reset a few days ago. Hjelm is probably known as the main guitar player by Stockholm's finest psychedelic band Kungens Män. Educated to play a jazz guitar in the 90's in North Texas he played all instruments except drums on this album and it surprised me massive because I didn't expected to hear this kind of music again. Free formed sparkling guitar chords with reminiscenses to Can and psych-rock over a floor of warm synths is what this instrumental album makes so much different to many other. This could be a classic in others times.

Keine Kommentare: