Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2020

Purchased (Nor Only) By The Cover

Marianne Faithfull - Broken English (1979) | Marianne faithfull ...

In 1979 Marianne Faithful returned with an epic album Broken English. An album that was different to all we listened to in these days. Filled with songs partly from her own and others she covered. It was an album a lot of people could agree with because Marianne's voice touched the soul of many people. I still love this album not only because it's cover where she was hidden behind her arm and smoking a cigarette. Her broken and drugs used voice where one of the soundtracks in summer of 79. In this days I didn't understood the lyrics very well but years later I got familiar to her words. Listening to her words 40 years ago I don't know any artist that could sing this words right now.

Marianne Faithful - Why Did Ya Do It
Marianne Faithful - Broken English
Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero


1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

Lovely reminder of a record that I listened to a lot in the early 80s....my copy of it long disappeared (accidentally I'm sure) as so often happens when there's six friends sharing student accommodation and various singles and albums went off to one room or another.