Freitag, 29. November 2019

- True New Sound

Bildergebnis für siouxsie and the banshees

It is only one week to work until I get my usual time-out over the turn of the year and I am looking back what music touched my soul this year. Making a list is difficult but I am sure I will finish it these days and present the result to you all. Listening to this years music I also got aware of music that I used to listen to 40 years ago. That is the cause I came back to one of the first and probably groundbreaking bands off early punk and pre-post-punk. Siouxsie and the Banshees were the project formed in 1978 by Siouxsie Sioux and Steve Severin under the influence of the very early punk movement. Their first album The Scream was one of those albums that lead me into a new kind of music. Weird sounds, somehow a bit of industrial, cold and without soul when you listen the first time to it were groundbreaking and influenced many other bands that referred to this sound. It is still a pleasure listening to them after all this years and getting goose bumps.

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Metal Postcard (Mittageisen)
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Jigsaw Feeling
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Suburban Relapes

A few years later she released probably one of the best ballads from these days.

Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Last Beat Of My Heart

Keine Kommentare: