Mittwoch, 27. November 2019

Living On The Ceiling

Bildergebnis für blancmange band

Blancmange named by a sweet dessert is one of the earliest bands that tried the step to a new danceable sound in the late 70's/early 80's. With their synth-pop they climbed the charts and made some great pop songs. Sadly they were forgotten in musical history and I have to admit that I did the same. I seldom listened to their songs during the last years but in a sentimental mood I crawled back to them and I have to say that their songs are still over the average of many outputs by bands you could compare in these days.

Blancmange - Living On The Ceiling (Richard Norris Remix)

1 Kommentar:

Echorich hat gesagt…

I have always had a soft spot for Blancmange. Their first two albums were at the center of my love of early 80s Synth-Pop. Over the past decade the have put out a series of much more experimental Electroninc Pop - the first of those releases, Blanc Burn, being the only one including original member Stephen Luscombe. Luscombe suffered from a stomach ailment which led to his decision to leave the group, but Neil Arthur has carried on under the name.
It is well worth seeking out the recent albums. The last two albums have been recorded with the assistance and use of Benge and his Meme Tune studios.
I would also recommend the two Fader albums which is a collaboration between Neil Arthur and Benge.