Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2018

Mescalito Part One

Bildergebnis für bardo pond

There is a lot of new psych music around here today and many bands are new to me. So it was Bardo Pond a new name to me before I listened to their last release. Bardo Pond is a Philadelphia based based drone rock band active since the early 90's. For RSD the released a collaboration with Washington space rockers Kohoutek. And I have to admit that I haven't heard a sound like this since long, long time. On their EP are only two songs, both about 20 minutes and so far out of any mainstream. Long, lingering guitar slashes, wavery blots of electronic keyboard and a reluctant percussion make the sound that takes you to a journey into space. You can follow guitar line that takes you one step up and one step down. All in all a journey into sound. And I would like to see them live.

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

An overused two word phrase comes to mind after listening through both parts of this - splendid racket!