Mittwoch, 18. April 2018

Orange Clockwork

Bildergebnis für die wilde jagd

It was three years ago when a German electronic duo surprised me with an album that is still on rotation in my house. A few days ago they released their second record Uhrwerk Orange. When they had on their first album tracks that impressed me with their hypnotic sounds I looked forward what will be the next. They didn't copy their style another time and moved forward to a trip through Krautrock and electronic adventures. If her first album was quite unusual and eclectic, they have gone with her second album still 1 step more strictly. It sounds like Einstürzende Neubauten doped on Valium. Long songs with endless loops From percussion and bass dominated tracks alternate with almost already folky sounds. It can be an 80 minutes trip into space if you have a similar affection to spacey sounds. I saw them live a few month ago in a small club and have to say that they are worth to be seen on stage.


1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

"It sounds like Einstürzende Neubauten doped on Valium."
Now that's a description that really makes me want to investigate. Can't wait to get home and give this a listen!