Donnerstag, 19. April 2018

Dimensional People

Bildergebnis für Mouse on Mars - "Dimensional People"

There is music not for everyone featured at this place for several times and I know this. But sometimes I take a walk into something new. Sometimes I leave this way because I was disappointed by what I expected and what I got. Sometimes I say wow - this kind of music is so strange and far away of everything I heard for long times. A few days ago I listened to the new record by Mouse on Mars, a Cologne/Düsseldorf based electronic duo formed 25 years ago. I know them since a longer time but never saw the necessity to feature them at this place until now. Their newest album Dimensional People is so different and rich on influences by Krautrock, breakbeat, folk and ambient. Sometimes it sounds like Klaus Schulze will play nowaday music - sometimes it sounds like soft-rock. But always this organic sound is unique in it's way. Frank Zappa would take his pleasure in this music

1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Never worry about not posting "music for everyone" - it doesn't exist. Post what *you* want, no matter how strange or offbeat it may be. I may not like everything I hear, but when I hear something new that I love, the world becomes a nicer place and sometimes Walter, you're the reason for that!