Donnerstag, 10. März 2016

Live Music On German TV

Bildergebnis für vintage sport

It was back in 1981 when I took my first trip to London and on the radio they played often Tenpole Tudor's Swords of a Thousand Men more than once a day. But the more I listened to it this song became one of the songs of this summer and I bought the record Eddie, Old Bob, Dick and Gary and I still play it from time to time. Tenpole Tudor appeared the first time in the 78 film The Great Rock and Roll Swindle. Originally billed by Malcolm McLaren as a replacement for Johnny Rotten. Typing this words I ask myself the question why I am attracted to this music. Maybe because they had a punk attitude, playing a unique combination of rockabilly, punk and power pop or just because it is a music that give you some funny mood. Anyway, I was astonished to see them a few weeks later back on German television. I watched this show with a few mates and we had great fun watching them.