Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2026

New Songs On Sunday

 


At the start of this week, I suddenly lost my internet connection. After endless phone calls with Deutsche Telekom, we realized that the credit on the router – which I’d been given on a temporary basis until my connection is hopefully activated next week – had run out. The instructions for topping up the credit are so poorly explained that I had to go to the nearest shop in person. After what felt like an eternity of back-and-forth and several days, the staff finally managed to top up the credit. So I now have access to the internet and TV again. The only good thing about the whole affair was that I finally had time again to read the books that had been waiting to be read for ages.

A few days ago Kate Staples aka This Is The Kit announced the release of her new album in January next year. The first appetizer is Skim A Stone, a short powerful indie song, with a driving rhythm, some distorted guitars and Kate's wonderful voice.


A new band called Warm Parts has emerged and will soon be releasing their new EP. Warm Parts are an instrumental band from Todmorden, West Yorkshire, whose psychedelic, expansive and guitar/drum-driven sound – drawing on influences from the late 1960s and noise rock – is sure to impress. They’re a band worth keeping an eye on.

Keine Kommentare: