Freitag, 4. September 2026

Love

 


Today Kevin Rowland releases the latest album by Dexys Midnight Runner Love. As far as I know it will be his last. I only know a few songs from this album and I pre-ordered it months ago. Not only he was one of the few artists I follow more than 45 years ago.

The soul of Dexys Midnight Runners were always a place I come back from time to time and it was always a joy. During the last decades his releases turned more and more introspective and he continues on this album that could describe his story of life. Kevin's whiny voice is still phenomenal 's and fits perfect to the songs. David Holmes produced this and he has laid down a soft, springy tapestry of soul. A warm and conciliatory late-career work.



1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

My copy is on the way. Like you, I've followed them from the start. There have been some highs and lows but the highs have been very high indeed.