Freitag, 11. September 2026

Nuggets

 



A couple of days ago I found in the deepest corner of my external hard drive a complilation from the late 60's. Nuggets attempted to provide an overview of the then-emerging psychedelic music scene. Many of these bands were never heard again of - whilst a few songs by others have stuck in the memo. A far cry from the marijuana-fuelled music of California, these bands sought to establish a new guitar sound rooted in the blues. What remains are songs based on a raw, DIY sound. These days, one would classify this as garage rock or describe it as a journey back in time to a carefree era.

The Seeds - Pushin' Too Hard

The Standells - Dirty Water

The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)

1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

One of the greatest compilations ever made.

I saw Sky Saxon and a version of The Seeds live in London about 20 years ago. Quite a night.