Freitag, 23. August 2024

Romance

 


The recent days the fourth album by Dublin's Fontaines D.C. arrived and I was curious which road they would go. The first single, Starburster, released weeks ago and already hinted at a departure from their typical post-punk attitude. When I first listened to it, I had the impression that they didn't know which direction they wanted to go in - their songs were too different. In In The Modern World they still play with pomp and created a song that is unique with its chorus, in Motorcycle Boys they play quiet passages with a subtle piano in the background and finally in Favourite they show what a good guitar song should be like. All in all an album that doesn't disappoint and grows the more you listen to it.



2 Kommentare:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

First listen this morning, sounded really good.

hat gesagt…

Thanks for hipping me to this release. Missed it & that would have been unfortunate. On first listen, sounds really good to me. Something about several songs brings to mind Sad Lovers & Giants, whom I really enjoy.