Mittwoch, 2. November 2022

The Return Of Post-Rock

 


One of the most interesting and confusing albums I listened to during the last weeks was Paste by Moin. I don't know what moin means but in northern Germany it is a way to say hello in the morning time. As far as I know Moin is a side project by Tom Halstead and Joe Andrews probably known as the masterminds of electronic pioneers Raime. To describe their music is difficult and for me it is a mixture of post-rock with dub elements and spoken words. But this words are not all they also created a guitar based sound fantastic bass-lines and the drum-work by Valentina Magaletti that I would like to compare Tortaoise did decades ago. Paste is a raw and emotional experience where you can't grab the core of their ideas. An outstanding album where you can hear new nuances the more you listen to.

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Definitely getting the Tortoise vibes. Interesting stuff Walter.