Sonntag, 20. November 2022

Flintsone Rock

 


In the early 80's Bill Carter formed The Screaming Blue Messiahs a band that played music different to all the other bands that were around at this time. Grown up with pub rock and the energy of early punk they created their very own cosmos of rhythmic, blues influenced blues rock and a massive feedback sound. I really enjoyed them not only because they were fresh and powerful but they reminded me to Captain Beefheart the old Zappa lad that interpreted blues in a very special way as well. I can't explain why I came back to The Messiahs but listening to them brought back glory days to me. Maybe it is also because Carter played his guitar in a way less people did in this time and I can't remember anyone played an electric slide guitar.

The Screaming Blue Messiahs - Wild Blue Yonder

The Screaming Blue Messiahs - I Wanna Be A Flintstone

The Screaming Blue Messiahs raised from a band that borrowed their name by a song by Joe Strummer's 101ers. Motor Boys Motor showed on their only recorded longplayer the potential with a pre-version of Flintstone. And the cover of this album made me to buy it blind.

Motor Boys Motor - Drive Friendly

2 Kommentare:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

I had forgotten all about this lot. Thanks Walter.

The Swede hat gesagt…

Wow. I haven't heard these tunes for years. That sleeve photo used to freak me out completely!