Montag, 11. Juli 2022

Monday's Long Song

 


A few weeks ago Yo La Tengo released Prisoners Of Love, a tripple album filled with goodies of their long going career from 1985 to 2003 plus some outtakes and different versions. I really loved this indie-rock band from Hoboken, New Jersey and the cover versions Ira Kaplan selected. Not many of my friends agreed with my choice and told me that this was just another band from across the ocean playing a guitar sound recorded directly from their exercise room. And yes, there is truth in their words but for me they were authentic and their songs often far over the average and I still listen to their very own guitar sound. I saw them live several times during the last decades and every time I saw a great gig. 

Yo La Tengo - I Heard You Looking

Keine Kommentare: