Samstag, 26. Februar 2022

Come



Come is an American alternative rock band that got a lot of critical acclaim in the early 90's but vanished out of my radar and I have to admit that I almost forgot them. I remembered them when I read about the release of the sessions they made for John Peel in 1992/93. Formed in Boston by Thalia Zedek and Chris Brokaw they made a unique mixture of blues-noir, post punk and heavy guitars. They were able to write dark and emotionally intense songs with kind of heavy guitars you heard seldom before and after. No wonder why J. Masics and Bob Mould praised them.


1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Not listened to this yet, but it's on my list for the week. Car remains one of the most intense records of that period (shame it never appeared on any of their albums, or this Peel Sessions record).