Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2022

Back To Basics

 


If an musician dies the papers are full of news about it and many epitaphs were written in the internet. But sometimes you miss this sad news. This happened to me when I searched for some news about The Singing Loins and I got aware that the mastermind of this band, Chris Broderick, died five weeks ago. He formed one of the best raw folk-punk bands in the late 90's. He was close to Billy Childish and the Medway Delta scene. I had always a big fondness to this little band because I really enjoyed what they made. The Singing Loins were just a duo playing stomping folk with a very punk attitude. Their lyrics tell of the everyday and the stories about people we all know very well. A friend once tried me to explain that they made songs to drink by and it is not totally wrong but every song you can sing with is a great song. 

The Singing Loins - The Pub On The Corner

The Singing Loins - Monsters Ashore

The Singing Loins - Chatham Girls

Keine Kommentare: