Mittwoch, 29. September 2021

Love Zombies

 


Back in 1980 another post-punk band appeared on the scene. The Monochrome Set were different to many other bands at this time because you can't classify them to a special sound. Strange lyrics and a distinctive intuition for melodies were a trademark for them. Love Zombies was their second album and for me a forgotten highlight of this era. I found this gem a few days ago as a copy on my external drive and I am happy to listen to them once again and turned to their 2018 superb album Maisieworld that was featured at this place when it was released. 

The Monochrome Set - 405 Lines

The Monochrome Set - B-I-D Spells Bid

The Monochrome Set - Love Zombie

1 Kommentar:

Echorich hat gesagt…

There is quite a lot of love for The Monochrome Set amongst our fellow bloggers. You can count me in as a long time supporter. I feel like their 21st Century output rivals some of the best from the previous decades. Brian over at Linear Track Lives is probably the leader of our brigade. He has certainly had more opportunities to see the band in recent years!