Montag, 16. August 2021

Monday's Long Song

 


Today's long song is a new one that came to my ears last Friday. I got aware of it by checking the mailing lists from my inbox and found the announcement of a new release by London based label Fuzz Club. JuJu is the brainchild of Sicilian multi-instrumentalist Gioele Valenti and his album Our Mother Was A Plant from 2017 will be re-released next month. It is one of these albums that was overlooked in the mass of releases as well by myself. Dropping the album under the category Psychedelia does not do justice to it. The album is full of shamanic mantras and influenced by afrobeat, krautrock, glam, post-punk, drone and everything in between. One of my best findings this year.

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

A new name to me Walter. Good stuff.