Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2021

The Chrono Psionic Interface



One year ago we were all shocked by the sudden death of the probably best DJ in the world. Since then I spent a lot of times listening to the songs and remixes by Andrew Weatherall and I have to admit that I miss him and his monthly shows on NTS introducing new and excellent stuff to me. I asked myself several times if there are existing some hidden remixes somewhere in the attic that will be released one day. Yesterday I got the news that A Man Called Adam released a song to commemorate the 1st anniversary of his death. This latin based song is a charity project for Thrombosis UK, a project supported by Andrew Weatherall and you can get it here.

Steve Jones wrote some words about this track:

Many years ago we spent a night in a shitty hotel room in Coventry (The Godiva), laughing and talking with Andrew, and that night he specifically asked if he could remix our song The Chrono Psionic Interface. It’s a wonderful mix that sounds as fresh and brilliantly Weatherall as it did the first time we heard it.


Keine Kommentare: