Montag, 8. Februar 2021

Monday's Long Song

 


Stuart Staples announced from Nottingham based band Tindersticks the release of a new album called Distraction. The album will contain a few new songs and some cover versions from Neil Young and Television Personalities. The leading song Man Alone is the longest song Tindersticks ever recorded as far as I know and I only can say it is a beautiful one (for one that isn't a huge fan of the band). With a throbbing and repetitive bassline, there's an almost trance-like vibe to it, dark and hypnotic. Sometimes it sounds like a journey through a dark and rainy night and full of ideas and breaks. Certainly one of the best songs this year and one I never expected from this band.

2 Kommentare:

Echorich hat gesagt…

Simply amazing! Musical minimalism and emotional complexity...

The Swede hat gesagt…

This has been on my own list to feature as a Monday Long Song since I first heard it when I pre-ordered the LP a few weeks back. Just magnificent. Easily the best tune available on the internet today.