Freitag, 25. Januar 2019

It Won't Be Like This All The Time

Bildergebnis für the twilight sad

These days I got the news that North Lanarkshire band The Twilight Sad released their fifth album It Won't Be Like This All The Time. I discovered them six years ago when they released their third album No One Can Ever Know when Andrew Weatherall assisted producing the album. Their first albums weren't bad but they didn't fascinated me much because they hadn't found their own style and sounded just like another indie-band at these days. I like their later records because the songs and the sound were more attractive to me. There is nothing really new in their sound but a bit more impassioned. They still have throbbing basslines their epic post-punk stretches from The Cure to The Chameleons to White Lies. All in all a record I will listen to several times the next weeks. And I am proud to say to meet James in November at Simply Thrilled. Looking forward to see them in June.





1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

I am so loving this record Walter.....and can't wait to see them again at Barrowlands in March.

I was very lucky to see them launch the album with an acoustic show at Mono - it was very special indeed.