Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2015

Geno


These days I found the live record of Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band in my collection. After putting the record on my turntable Geno and his music hit me like he did before in decades. It was like he didn't left me during the years. It is still making fun to listen to him and his kind of soul he was able to give to us all. Most of the songs are standards and you've heard them often enough. But I can't get rid of his kind of interpreting this songs. Seldom heard more soul in these songs than he did. He was a giant - and I understand why Kevin Rowland got addicted to him on the first Dexy's. Listen to them in a row and you might understand what I mean.

Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band - Things Getting Better
Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band - Who's Fooling Who
Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band - I Can't Turn You Loose
Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band - Get Down With It
Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band - I'm A Roadrunner

If you have time enough you can see him live in the early 60s live in the Marquee Club, Liverpool, together with The Who and Jimi Hendrix.

Enjoy.


Keine Kommentare: