Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2014

Guns Of Brixton


Today's song is a classic by The Clash. One of the few song written by Paul Simonon in the Clash era. There are cover versions of this song galore but I think that this version is one of the best. I am a huge fan of Calexico not only that they created a sound of their own. I love their relaxed sound. Sometimes they make me feel like I am somewhere in south-east Asia, siting close to sundown at the beach, having a shot and feel very save. This is a song almost nobody can destroy in any version. And I don't want to comment the meaning of song - I've been stayed in Brixton for vacation when the riots started

Calexico - Guns of Brixton

2 Kommentare:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Good cover version.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Couldn't get the link to work but listened to it elsewhere. It's a fine song as done by Calexico, as you'd expect. Better than the original!
George