Dienstag, 9. April 2013

Don't let me be misunderstood


I think this one of the most known songs ever. The original version was recorded by Nina Simone back in 1964 to be covered by Eric Burdon and the Animals in a blues-rock version. I noticed this song on one of my first records I bought from my own earned money. It was on the first Joe Cocker record and was on heavy rotation for a long time.

A disco version of this song by Santa Esmeralda, which took The Animals' arrangement and added some disco, flamenco, salsa and other Latin rhythm became a worldwide hit in the early 70s. Samples of the hand clapping can be found on Missy Elliot's 'Pass the Dutch'. It was also featured in Kill Bill 1 during the final fight between The Bride and O-Ren Ishii

Enjoy and have a good week people

Santa Esmeralda ft. Leroy Gomez - Don't let me be misunderstood

1 Kommentar:

drew hat gesagt…

I love this version of the song and a good one to put on if doing and either need to go to the toilet or the bar