I recently realized that there are countless songs with animals in the title. Cats are the animals that feature most frequently – I haven’t yet worked out why that is. This inspired me to launch a series that will showcase what I subjectively consider to be the best songs over the coming weeks.
The song war written in 1963 by the civil rights activist Oscar Brown, who saw it as a parabel about trust and human behavour. It is sad enough that the orange-headed man from the States is misusing the metaphor and equating the helpful woman with the USA (or US citizens). In his interpretation, the half-frozen snake symbolizes refugees and illegal immigrants (particularly from Syria, Central America and South America).
The last great, bombastic rock song before times changed was released by Meat Loaf in 1977. He never again enjoyed the same level of success as he did with that album, which was musically reminiscent of Born To Run.
Genesis released in 1974 their last relevant album before Peter Gabriel left the band.
1 Kommentar:
Never knew the story being The Snake.
Fascinating stuff
Kommentar veröffentlichen