Sonntag, 1. Oktober 2023

October

 


It is now October and once again I realize how quickly the has year has gone by. Three more month until the turn of the year and two of them filled with work at the office until I can go on vacation again in December. Like another nine months until I retire. Everything moves fast and what was important this year is mostly arbitrary in retrospect. Things come and go and you should be happy about here and now. For example that VfB Stuttgart is in second place in the Bundesliga after six days, after the supporters had to suffer for years, were only bland football was offered and hat to experience two relegations to second division. Autumn will ever be the time for me when I pick out some classic folk music because I think that fits to the season when the leaves are starting to fall. While I was thinking bout a song with October in its title I remembered a song by Roy Harper form his debut album The Sophisticated Beggar. Released in 1966 after Harper stopped travelling around Europe and North Africa to force his musical career. Harper is a member of the 60's folk-rock triumvirate beside John Martyn and Nick Drake. Listening to this song again after a long time I think that this kind of music is timeless and could be played to every time.

Roy Harper - October Twelfth


Keine Kommentare: