Montag, 26. August 2019

Monday's Long Song

Bildergebnis für loggins and messina on stage

Back on the blog again my friends after a long problems with my old and new notebook. My old one broke down and I tried a very long tine to get my data saved. Most of it worked more or less well and I still miss some files that mean much to me. Anyway, it is the time to continue blogging. Jim Messina and Kenny Loggins released in 1974 probably one of the best crossover country-rock albums ever. They were known as members of the new country bunch in California and most of the songs on their record Live On Stage were influenced by country music. But they  also had some long songs on this record that made the difference. Long improvisations and being close to the Westcoast sound made this record unique and well worth to listen to it..

Loggins and Messina - Vahevala

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Loggins and Messina are names I've seen dozens of times over the years, without ever knowingly hearing any of their music. I enjoyed this performance tremendously - I wasn't expecting the wig-out section at all. Thanks Walter.