Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2014

Rotterdam


Hi, I'm back. Had some beautiful days in Cologne with my kids. We had some good talking and some constructive discussions about we done wrong throughout the last years. Sometimes it was hard to stand for all but now we found a solution to built up something new. It was a torture for me but an exemption as well. Now let's watch what the future will bring. Today Christiane will move back to Sri Lanka again. We fixed the details of our divorce and were both happy about this. We had yesterday another peaceful and happy evening and I ask myself why we couldn't had this the last years. Anyway - it's everything right we do it the way we do. The song I choose today is really nothing special but I think it is a song a lot of folks like to listen to and don't confess to this. I was always a fan to The Housemartins since they released their first record. They did a very good songs that were dominated by the voice of Paul Heaton. This is not typical for them but I love this song for so many years. And as Paul Heaton said on the back of the sleeve of his first record: Take Jesus - Take Marx - Take Hope.

Have a good rest oft the week friends

The Beautiful South - Rotterdam

8 Kommentare:

lithium hat gesagt…

Glad to hear that you've started to sort things out with your kids, Walter. That's really really good.

And just a tiny correction - "Rotterdam" is not a song by The Housemartins but by The Beautiful South, Paul Heaton's band after the Housemartins quit for good ;)

Dirk hat gesagt…

Yes, glad to hear that you managed to sort things out and depart in a peaceful way ...

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you both for your warm words. I feel good the way I did it.
@ Martin: You're right. The song's from The Beautiful South of course. It happened maybe because I listened to London 0 : Hull 4 these days.

lithium hat gesagt…

...which is still a brilliant album after all those years.

lithium hat gesagt…

and btw, your post made me google whether there will be a housemartins reunion somehow, somewhere. i found a very good piece in mojo 2009. it won't happen. which is good, i think.
it is a good read.

http://mintcustard.blogspot.de/2011/02/how-housemartins-gave-me-back-my-mojo.html

drew hat gesagt…

Your honesty on the blog is to be commended.

Always loved this song, the lazy tempo appealed to me.

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Best of luck mate, take heart that not everyone manages to sort out the pain in their lives. It takes a big man to face facts and come out the other side.

I used to have a soft spot for the Beautiful South. This track kind of fits with a hot, lazy day which today definitely is!

Walter hat gesagt…

Thank you Drew. I do this because I feel save by all you mates.