Donnerstag, 4. April 2024

Piano Man

 


In the late 70s, when everything was centred around punk and new wave, a friend offered me a ticket for a concert whose musician I didn't know and of whom I hadn't heard a song until then. As admission was relatively cheap and I had nothing better to do, I went with him. Until then I was more than suspicious of a singer/songwriter, but after this concert I had a completely different view. Billy Joel completely won me over in those two hours. Outstanding songs with intelligent lyrics, perfectly arranged and performed with such intensity are something I have rarely experienced before or since. And I'm surprised that I didn't give him and his songs, which have accompanied me for decades, a place in this little corner of the internet sooner.





2 Kommentare:

Rol hat gesagt…

Nice to see someone else in the blogosphere eho appreciates Mr Joel. I feel a little less alone tonight, Walter!

JC hat gesagt…

I can in here just to see if Rol had shown his appreciation. I wasn't disappointed!!!!!!!