Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2022

Sign O' The Times


It is now 35 years ago when Prince released his masterpiece Sign O' The Times an double album that showed everything he was famous for. An album that still works after all these days. I have to admit that I don't be a big fan of him and his music but he made in these days records that were high above the average of many other artists. Songs that were well tempered and arranged and when I listen to them ages later they still grab me in a way I can't explain. Just a post to remember a great musician.

 




4 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Sign O The Times remains my all-time favourite Prince song. I find the album quite hard to get through in a single sitting, but I think that's more my problem than anyone else's.

The Swede hat gesagt…

35 years? Anniversaries just keep on coming don't they? Great album.

Khayem hat gesagt…

Prince was ever present during the 1980s but I'd never felt compelled to buy any of his records. Sign O' The Times was the song that turned it around for me. I agree with The Robster's comment about the album as a whole but I never tire of listening to this.

Various artists have so far also proved that you cannot record a decent cover version, the original is unbeatable :-)

JC hat gesagt…

Great single. Decent album.