Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2018

Babelsberg


Bildergebnis für gruff rhys

Studio Babelsberg in Berlin/Potsdam is the oldest big studio film studio of the world and the biggest film studio of Europe. It is also the title of the latest album by Gruff Rhys, the Welsh multi talented musician, composer, producer, filmmaker and author. But the title has nothing to do with film studio in Potsdam it is a synonym for building the Tower of Babel. He delighted me during the last years with timeless albums with timeless music. American Interior from 2014 was played often when I was at home. So I was excited to listen to his new record and I wasn't disappointed. He wrote great songs again and recorded them with the 72-piece BBC National Orchestra of Wales. The more I listen to the songs I think he moves more and more to a nowadays edition of Lee Hazlewood and he can't deny the influences of Ray Davis and The Kinks. For me, Babelsberg is one of the nicest records released this year.

1 Kommentar:

Brian hat gesagt…

Was excited enough to pick this one up the day it was released. Been a while since I made that move.