Sonntag, 28. Mai 2017

Gregg Allman 1947 - 2017

Bildergebnis für gregg allman

Remembering last year a lot of great musicians passed away and often I said good bye to them on this sites. I know that this is the way of life and I struggled to write more epitaphs. This morning I read the news that Gregg Allman passed away at the age of 69. Not that I am a huge fan of Southern Rock it was the sound that was surround me in my very younger days and it was impossible to avoid them. Back then they choose the best guitar players in different newspapers. Top of the list was mostly Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page (ok) and Eric Clapton (who lived on his Yardbirds days) but seldom Gregg Alman was named. I enjoyed listening the way he played guitar. Even in this times he played the acoustic guitar on different records when all others tortured their electric guitars. His whole life was a life on drugs and being addicted to alcohol. Wonder myself how long he stayed alive.

RIP Gregg




Keine Kommentare: